Rock On with Neil Young in 2023
Neil Young, the Canadian-American rock legend, has announced his first tour in four years. The 77-year-old musician will perform in North America and Europe from June to October 2023. He will play songs from his 40-plus albums, covering over 50 years of music history.
Young is known for his diverse and influential style, from folk to country to grunge. He has worked with various bands and artists, such as Buffalo Springfield, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, and Crazy Horse. He has also directed several films and supported many causes.
Young’s last tour was in 2019 with Promise of the Real. Since then, he has released archival albums and live recordings on his website, neilyoungarchives.com. He has also become a dual citizen of Canada and the United States in 2020.
Young’s fans can expect to hear classics like “Heart of Gold“, “Rockin’ in the Free World“, “Harvest Moon“, and “Old Man“, as well as new material. Young has said that he will be joined by a “surprise” band and that he may play songs from his unreleased album Harvest Time.
Tickets for the tour will go on sale on June 20, 2023. The tour dates and venues are:
- June 25: Los Angeles, CA – Hollywood Bowl
- June 28: San Francisco, CA – Chase Center
- July 1: Seattle, WA – Climate Pledge Arena
- July 4: Vancouver, BC – Rogers Arena
- July 7: Calgary, AB – Scotiabank Saddledome
- July 10: Winnipeg, MB – Bell MTS Place
- July 13: Toronto, ON – Scotiabank Arena
- July 16: Montreal, QC – Bell Centre
- July 19: New York, NY – Madison Square Garden
- July 22: Boston, MA – TD Garden
- July 25: Philadelphia, PA – Wells Fargo Center
- July 28: Washington, DC – Capital One Arena
- July 31: Chicago, IL – United Center
- August 3: Nashville, TN – Bridgestone Arena
- August 6: Atlanta, GA – State Farm Arena
- August 9: Austin, TX – Frank Erwin Center
- August 12: Denver, CO – Ball Arena
- August 15: Las Vegas, NV – T-Mobile Arena
- September 1: London, UK – O2 Arena
- September 4: Paris, FR – AccorHotels Arena
- September 7: Berlin, DE – Mercedes-Benz Arena
- September 10: Amsterdam, NL – Ziggo Dome
- September 13: Dublin, IE – 3Arena
- September 16: Glasgow, UK – SSE Hydro
- September 19: Manchester, UK – AO Arena
- September 22: Copenhagen, DK – Royal Arena
- September 25: Stockholm, SE – Ericsson Globe
- September 28: Oslo, NO – Telenor Arena
- October 1: Helsinki, FI – Hartwall Arena
About Neil Young
Neil Young was born on November 12, 1945 in Toronto. He started playing music as a teenager and moved to Los Angeles in 1966. He joined Buffalo Springfield and later launched his solo career. He also formed Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young with David Crosby , Stephen Stills , and Graham Nash .
Young’s music has varied from acoustic folk to hard rock to electronic. He has experimented with different sounds and genres and has been a critic of the music industry and the political establishment. He has won several awards and honors and has influenced many artists. He lives in California with his wife Daryl Hannah . He is one of the most original and enduring artists of rock music.