Slowdive Unveils New Album Everything Is Alive and Mystical “Alife” Video
Renowned shoegaze pioneers Slowdive are gearing up to unleash their highly anticipated album, Everything Is Alive, this week. To heighten the excitement among their dedicated fanbase, the band has shared a mesmerizing new track titled “Alife” along with an enigmatic animated video.
The video for “Alife” beautifully complements the song’s psychedelic and dreamy essence, drawing viewers into a mystical realm where a young girl wields mysterious powers. The dreamlike visuals serve as a perfect visual counterpart to the ethereal soundscapes Slowdive is known for.
Lead vocalist and guitarist Neil Halstead shared some insights about the track, revealing, “‘Alife’ is one of the first songs we completed for the record. Shawn Everett did a really nice job with the mix. We tried so many times to figure out a good mix by ourselves and couldn’t do it.”
In addition to the album release, Slowdive has exciting plans for their fans. They’ll be embarking on a fall tour across North America, with a newly-announced European run set for next year. The band’s return to live performances promises to be a treat for longtime fans and newcomers alike.
Here’s a list of Slowdive’s tour dates:
North American Tour Dates:
- 09/23/23 — Toronto, Ontario @ Queen Elizabeth Theatre
- 09/25/23 — Boston, MA @ Citizens House of Blues Boston
- 09/27/23 — New York, NY @ Webster Hall
- 09/28/23 — New York, NY @ Webster Hall
- 09/29/23 — Philadelphia, PA @ Union Transfer
- 09/30/23 — Washington, D.C. @ 9:30 Club
- 10/02/23 — Cleveland, OH @ The Roxy at Mahall’s
- 10/03/23 — Chicago, IL @ Riviera Theatre
- 10/04/23 — Saint Paul, MN @ Palace Theatre
- 10/06/23 — Denver, CO @ Cervantes’ Masterpiece Ballroom
- 10/07/23 — Salt Lake City, UT @ The Union
- 10/09/23 — Portland, OR @ Crystal Ballroom
- 10/10/23 — Seattle, WA @ Showbox SoDo
- 10/12/23 — San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield
- 10/14/23 — Los Angeles, CA @ The Bellwether
Everything Is Alive is set to hit the shelves on September 1st, 2023, via Dead Oceans. For more details, be sure to check out their official website.